What is the CP Smith PTO?
The CP Smith PTO is not simply about monthly meetings or fundraising. Each year, the PTO fosters it’s mission to “directly enhance the education and social experience of all students.”
The PTO is instrumental in offering events, activities and resources for the CP Smith community including:
- Classroom enrichment funds (mini-grants)
- Room parents – support classroom teachers
- Per-student monetary allocations for field trips
- School musical or artist in residence programs
- School picture day
- Annual Science fair
- 4 Winds Nature Program
- Scholastic Book Fair to benefit the Learning Center
- Math Night
- Field Day (a late spring celebration)
- School family fun nights
- Staff Appreciation Week
- Movie Night
- 5th Grade trip to Camp Abnaki
This is just a sample of what is offered. These events and opportunities are made possible by the hard work of parents and teachers working together.
The PTO is able to offer this support through the generous support of CP Smith’s volunteers which include faculty, staff, students, and families. There are a number of events that fund these efforts.
Thank you to all for your generous support. Our volunteers participate in many, many different ways – attendance at monthly meetings, baking cookies for a class party, helping on picture day, cutting Box tops off groceries, teaching the 4 Winds lessons in the classroom. If you’d like to connect with us please email us at cpsmithpto (at) gmail (dot) com and we’ll be in touch!