Lots of news in this week’s Smith Times!
Click here: Smith Times 3-16-17
Please come to the PTO meeting Monday, 5/7 at 5:30 PM in the Smith library, even if you have never been before!
We need to:
- discuss some changes that are coming at us next fall, (new principal, place-based learning, etc.)
- confirm PTO officers for 2017-18 (president, VP, treasurer)
- lay out the rest of the year’s activities and’
- fire up the picnic committee
We all know that a healthy democracy depends on participation. Our school is the perfect place to commit to making the world a better place, from the ground up.
Please come and put in your two cents!
Pizza and childcare will be available.
Check out you Smith Times by clicking on the link below!
Hi Smith families,
This week is officially National Teacher Appreciation Week! It’s a perfect time to do something sweet for your teacher!
Cards and notes are always appreciated! And if you feel like baking a treat and leaving it in the faculty room at school, they love that!
Representing Smith parents, the PTO has ordered lunch from Sugarsnap to be delivered to teachers on Wednesday this week and purchased a new microwave for the faculty room to replace one that recently went kaput.
CP Smith teachers rock! I hope you will all take a minute to let them know we appreciate them!
Hi Smith families,
Join us Saturday April 29 from 9-12 to help get CP Smith in shape for spring and get the raised beds ready for class gardens! Day in the Dirt volunteers will work together with CP Smith volunteers.
Bagels, juice, and coffee will be served!
If you have them, please bring: shovels, rakes, wheelbarrows, buckets, hammers, drill/screw gun.
Background info: Day in the Dirt 2017
Vermont Community Garden Network is hosting the 5th annual Day in the Dirt! on Saturday, April 29. Teams of volunteers help get community and school gardens ready for spring planting from 9am-12pm, then celebrate with a picnic lunch and prizes at the Intervale from noon-2pm.
Day in the Dirt! is presented by the Vermont Community Garden Network in partnership with Green Mountain Compost, Burlington Parks Recreation & Waterfront, the Intervale Center, UVM CDAE students, title sponsor Gardener’s Supply, and many other local businesses who sponsor teams and support the event with food, supplies, and prizes. More info is at http://www.vcgn/org/dirt
Today was the last drawing for Smith Smackeroos, and the winning ticket was purchased by Sid and Mary Waite! That means they are $500 richer!
Here’s the list of all this year’s Smith Smackeroo winners:
- Monday, April 3rd – Liz Mitchell $25
- Tuesday, April 4th – RJ Lalumiere $25
- Wednesday, April 5th – Pat McGrath $25
- Thursday, April 6th – Cindy Booth $25
- Friday, April 7th – Elizabeth Connolly $25
- Monday, April 10th – Joe Plunkett $50
- Tuesday, April 11th – Kristin Fontaine $50
- Wednesday, April 12th – Aram Bedrosian $50
- Thursday, April 13th – Bernie and Jane Sanders $50
- Friday, April 14th – Norma Jodoin $50
- Monday, April 17th – Amanda Waite $100
- Tuesday, April 18th – Amy Mellencamp $100
- Wednesday, April 19th – Karen Speidel $100
- Thursday, April 20th – Peter McConville $100
- Friday, April 21st – Sid and Mary Waite $500